Hope everyone is well on this brisk Thursday. Since we’re near completion at Hayden, I thought it might be time to focus more on building a sense of community around here. I have had several tenants stepping forward with ideas for group gatherings and charity events. Each month, I’ll be attempting to compile news, announcements and suggestions from you guys, so all are welcome and encouraged.
- TONIGHT: Sort of short notice, but one of our young ladies is hosting another Premier Jewelry Party THIS EVENING at the Clubhouse from 7 until 10ish. If you missed the last party, make an effort to be at this one—their jewelry pieces would make great Christmas gifts. And yes, it’s time to think about Christmas gifts already!
Monday, November 14th: Open House & Public Presentation at the University Center – Tennessee Room; this is pretty cool. It’s an informational meeting about concept plans for the River Walk to be continued on our side (the North Shore) of Chattanooga in the Moccasin Bend Gateway and Stringer’s Ridge.
- 10am-5pm Open House
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Presentation
- 6:30pm-7pm Q & A
- RSVP for the Presentation to the Regional Planning Agency at 423.643.5901 or at NorthShoreParksGateway@chattanooga.gov
- Monday, November 14th: Twilight Playing @ Hayden Place Media Center 7pm – 9pm
- Tuesday, November 15th: New Moon Playing @ Hayden Place Media Center 7pm – 9pm
- Wednesday November 16th: Eclipse Playing @ Hayden Place Media Center 7pm – 9pm
Thursday, November 17th: Midnight Breaking Dawn Part 1 @ the Majestic!
- I know you guys are all secretly into angsty teen drama. Popcorn and soda provided!
- Saturday, November 19th: “Hands of Hope” Benefit Concert presented by Gateway United will be held at the Gateway Campus of Oakwood Baptist Church (247 Market Place Lane; Ringgold, GA) from 7 until 9 pm. One of your neighbors is a member of the musical group putting on the concert. His hope is to collect canned goods to provide local families in need with a Thanksgiving meal they may not be able to provide for themselves. FREE ADMISSION with 2 canned goods; overachievers welcome. I’ll be attending, so if anyone wants to ride with or caravan there, let me know! (SEE ATTACHED INVITATION)
- Weekend of November 19th: a special offer from your neighbors and the owners of JEFFERSON’S:
We are located at 618 Georgia Avenue (across from the courthouse-look for the red and white awnings!). If you come in on November 18 after 2 pm or any time on November 19 and tell your server which Wise Property you live in, you will get 10% off your meal! Sorry, the daily special cannot be included. Like us here to get daily specials, random specials, and info on upcoming events!
FYI-there is extra “free” parking after 5:30 in the Unum lot on Vine and the lot behind the restaurant. Also, for those who aren’t familiar with meters, don’t feed them after 4:30 or on the weekends!!
- Tuesday, November 22nd: Due to my unhealthy obsession with miniature things, I thought a MINI-THANKSGIVING might be a fun party to have the Tuesday before the holiday. Bring small versions of your favorite Thanksgiving dish! For example, I’ll be making deviled eggs and mini sweet potato things, and another of your neighbors suggested sausage balls; really any kind of finger foods would be welcome. 6:30 – 9:30 time frame, so drop by and visit anytime! Wine (another unhealthy obsession of mine) and sodas will be provided as well.
- THANKSGIVING OFFICE SCHEDULE:
Office Closed Wednesday November 23rd at Lunch until Monday, November 28th
Clubhouse will be open:
- Friday, November 25th from 12 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday, November 26th CLOSED for a Private Party
- Sunday, November 27th from 4pm – 8pm
As always, I hope this email finds you all well. Remember, if you have something to share or involve the community with, let me know so that I can put it in December’s edition!